during a bad camera handoff between myself and buzz, we dropped and broke a part on our camera. So, Ive been relying on my cell phone (which takes decent photos, but has a delay that often causes blur) but Ive been taking less photos, and therefore have less memories of what we’ve been up to. Pregnancy brain. total mush. plus its hot. hot mush.
today we were planning to go to the park, but zibby doesnt want to get dressed. I dont really blame her. Its 86 out, according to weather.com. I think we are going to have to find a regular pool spot or something to get thru this summer.
and some recent sayings:
“You are cracking me up to nuts!”
“Totally, totally, totally”
“MAMA, I NEED YOU!” (just yelled from the other room)
Today was such a great day!
We all got up around 9ish so we could make my 10 am hair appointment Then we had brunch at Silver Cloud. Zibby had tater tots and a pancake. Buzz had his standard cheese omelet, side of sausage, and white toast. I had biscuits and gravy because lately I am craving bread. (Zibby and I even had to go to Olive Garden the night before solely on the basis of my deep need for their breadsticks)
It was a beatiful day (tiny bit chilly and I forgot my jacket) but we had such fun checking out the enormous and enormously fun statues. There was a huge lawn and Zibby ran all over it for a long time while I sat and emailed the photos from my phone to my email. (a bad camera handoff earlier had caused my camera to break a little…the part that holds the battery in snapped.)
We were thinking of stopping downtown at the chocolate factory but I wasnt sure of the address. I knew who would know. And, in fact, when I called, she did know, but was sure they would be closed, and why didnt we come by her yard sale which she had forgot to email about. So we went over and got some cookies and lemonade and I got a new shower curtain, butter dish, and one baby boy outfit. 4 $ well spent.
After all that we were wiped out, so we came home. Buzz got to sleep for about a half hour and then I got about an hour of napping, before we all headed out again for dinner. Barbeque. Our old haunt, Sheffields is opening their restaurant and tonight friends were invited to come taste the food. We had onion rings, fries, mac and cheese, plus Buzz had the burger and I had the 1/2 slab of ribs and 1/2 chicken. Not that I actually had room for all the food, but I tried it all. Very yummy. We even ran into some friends we hadnt seen and everyone got to see how cute and crazy Zibby is.
They have a photo booth there, so we took a couple set of photos, and then we came home. Zibby got a bath complete with hair washing ( to remove any vestiges of the bird poop she acquired in it several days ago) and then some tv, and then she fell asleep nursing on the couch.
And that, my friends, is the tale of a super day.Filed under Uncategorized | Comments Off
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Fried Green Tomatoes
3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
5. Name a movie that you can quote from.
6. Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Grease two (I want a coooo-oooo-ooool rider)
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
9. Name a movie that you own.
10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in?
not since I was a kid.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
I really dont think so. Not in the theatre.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t gotten around to it.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Bound. I went with my dad and clearly we had no idea what it was about. We left within 15 minutes. 15 long, excruciatingly embarrassing minutes.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
My Life with Micheal Keaton. I sobbed and sobbed.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
I havent been to the movies since zibby was born.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
I think it was the last LOTR movie. I was very pregnant and I had to leave to pee a lot.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
most anything but scary.
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
havent seen one since I was way too young.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Rushmore, Meet the Tenenbaums
Well, the big news around here is that we are planning to put our condo on the market.
That means we are getting rid of stuff and hiding all of our junk from the prospective buyers Basically half of everything I own is now in storage. Whats cool is that I freecycled a bunch of stuff, including my cache of broken and since-replaced digital cameras and camcorder. Someone came and got an 8 year old digital camera that still works, but had low resolution. Someone else came and took my broken camera and dock.
Then I put some other stuff on craigs list and sold it! I even sold an ink cartridge! It was for my last printer, but it was still NIP (New in Package). I just checked to see if anyone else had anything similar listed to find the price I should offer mine for. I got 5$ Someone is coming to buy our crib tomorrow. I love recycling!
Zibby and I went to my midwife appointment today. Everything was fine and dandy, and then we went to the park for lunch and to meet a friend. When it got hot we came home and I cleaned while Zibby watched and helped and not-helped and watched tv. I cleaned the ceiling fan and laundry closet (probably hadnt been cleaned since we moved in) and scrubbed walls and removed stickers from everywhere and dusted and mopped some and basically kicked some dust butt. There is still a ton to do, but I am too tired to tackle it today.
In fact, I believe I will go to bed right now. Good night!Filed under Uncategorized | Comment (1)